...here be dragons.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rough milky way

2 posters

Go down

A rough milky way Empty A rough milky way

Post by sucramreverse Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:22 am

A rough milky way Milkyway

A rough but accurate picture of the Milky Way, using my National Geographic poster as reference. Only our own Sol is marked, but I can add more later when there is more of an idea of what is taking place. Feel free to tear it apart or add more, here is the .psd for anyone interested:

psd(right click, save as)

Forgive the abundance of layers, I couldn't seem to find "merge visible" in GIMP.
sucramreverse
sucramreverse

Back to top Go down

A rough milky way Empty Re: A rough milky way

Post by S W Dickson Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:33 pm

S'strange - having just revisited and with intention to go back to this - it's a grand time to be attempting this. Just over the past couple of weeks, various agencies have confirmed rocky planets around a high percentage of stars in our own milky way. (previously thought to be mostly gas giants) - as well as adequate theories as to the massive black hole at galactic centre and various other fun stuff, it's all looking quite space era just now. That and of course people are still being absolute gits to each other still, and we have the makings of internecine galactic warfare with decent maps!

Think I'll go to town over the next few weeks and do some sexy space opera for a while...
S W Dickson
S W Dickson
Admin

https://herebedragons.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum