Art work to wet the appetite

Go down

Art work to wet the appetite

Post by SpaceMonkey on Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:59 am

Just to get started and set a mood, I thought I might post some black and white illustrations I’ve done in the past.

Mung the Merciful

This is a test drawing for a Space horror comix I’m working on

Here are some illustrations I did for a dinosaur hunting game

Now I’ll have to work on some new stuff for this community.

Last edited by S W Dickson on Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just keepin it in line)

SpaceMonkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Art work to wet the appetite

Post by TheWisecrack on Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:39 am

OOOOOOOOHHHHH LOVE THE DINOSAUR ONES!!!
i love the shading and the contrast of dark greays to the sharp black outlines, do you work on comission at all?
i love the comedic value of your images.

TW

TheWisecrack

View user profile http://www.oddcast1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S W Dickson on Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:02 pm

Nice, love the style. They've got a Junior Boys Own feel to it. And late 70s/80s RPG books.

Just the very ticket sir.

content entered on http://herebedragons.darkbb.com by S W Dickson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 UK: Scotland License.
S W Dickson
Admin

View user profile http://herebedragons.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sucramreverse on Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:55 pm

Brilliant work, sir. I take it you are a comic book artist by trade? if not, you should be. those are quite well done. and as SW pointed out a sort of old-style rpg feel. actually reminds me of Paranoia.
sucramreverse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceMonkey on Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:35 am

Thanks for the compliments. The Dinosaur ones are my favourites out this group. Yes I do commissions. In fact this was a commission for someone who wrote the rules. It was around a year ago but I don’t think the rules have been released yet. The rules had a bit of a tongue in cheek feel to them so I had some great fun playing with that theme in the illustrations.

You can see my influences. I love the old black and white comix styles. In the 70s/80s I use to spend hours copying the images from my RPG rule books and comix collection. I also love the old Sci Fi stuff, like Weird Stories, Amazing, etc. The 1920s through to 1950s designs are great. They have something I can’t put my finger on. They are a big influence on me at the moment (The boys own adventure sort of stuff).

Yes I have published a few comixs (mostly small press, nothing you would be able to find). The good thing about grey scale images is they are cheep and easy to reproduce. Yes I use to play Paranoia. The main artist (can't remember his name) use to do a lot of stuff for Dragon Mag and D&D as well. He was a big influence on me. All the artists in these sort of publications were great influences on me.

SpaceMonkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down