Greetings from central Europe

Go down

Greetings from central Europe

Post by Lucas on Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:14 am

Hello!
My name is Luka, I'm a student from Slovenia and my interests are far and wide. I love to write, like to draw (but have not for a long time now) and generally explore, be it worlds that don't exist in this plane or our beloved planet and it's nature and cultures.
My gaming experience is somewhat eclectic, I'm a big fan of Ganesha Games' series of games, because they are cheap, accessible, simple, deep, fun and they actually make sense. I've also ventured into Alkemy, the Mage Knight, Mech Warrior (clix), a couple of CCGs (Call of Cthulhu, Magic, ...), but I've read an absolute ton of other miniature game rules of major companies and indy makers (it's just a thing I like to do). For the reasons mentioned further down I really like Malifaux and hope to give it a try.

What I'd like to see in a miniature game is something new and fresh, interesting, twisted and darkly humorous ... and taking a break from the old and chewed up classic fantasy, that is stale beyond recognition. Something that to me holds great potential for fantastic, is the actual folk lore from around the world. It is the culmination of humankind's greates fears and hopes, not a recycled quasy Tolkienesque instant kitch that has become trapped in it's own cliches. If that is to be combined with a fantasy world where the development has actually gone beyond medieval age (which reminds me - great fan of China Mieville), I think it could be an interesting combination. If a healthy dose of surreal black humour (a fan of Monty Python too) is added to that; well so much the better. It's not the eighties any more, I think we should come up with something new and actually provide an alternative to the (in my personal view) somewhat castrated fantasy we're being fed by the big companies out there. If that means our end "product" will not be "family-friendly" (whatever that means), I must say I don't actually mind that much. I'd just like it to be unique, intelligent and hillariously fun.

Oh, and I hate the "Igo-Yougo" mechanics. I think a good minis game lets you react to what your oponent is doing, forcing you to think how you'll spend resources (be it action points or minis themselves) and providing a more interactive experience.

Lucas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Greetings from central Europe

Post by S W Dickson on Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:34 pm

Welcome Lucas.

You certainly seem to have great experience, and wish you a warm welcome. We hope not to disappoint!
The project is very early stages, but we hope to have a few sets of game mechanics, possibly even foraying into roleplaying in the future. You know, a one-stop shop. With no cash involved!

content entered on http://herebedragons.darkbb.com by S W Dickson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 UK: Scotland License.
S W Dickson
Admin

View user profile http://herebedragons.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas on Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:51 pm

Thank you for the kind words. Smile I'll do my best in the process.
Btw; do you guys know about 4GXG (For gamers by gamers) project of a community-made CCG? Or the Net-Epic; community based re-make of the 40k Epic/Space Marine rules?

Lucas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sucramreverse on Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:43 pm

Welcome Lucas, Monty Python is the best, I'd love to see that brand of humour be applied to anything Very Happy
sucramreverse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas on Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:36 pm

Well to be honest there are things where Monty Python isn't quite appropriate. But that makes it so much more hillarious. Smile

Lucas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down