Hello from a vagabond

Go down

Hello from a vagabond

Post by Squig on Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:04 pm

Hey guys.
I am a 23-year-old German student (history & business) who started tabletops with W40k back in 98. Because I moved to study in Amsterdam in 06 and to Prague this year. Next year I hope to finish my bachelor and go back to Hanover. Because of all this moving I basically stopped playing Tabletops for most time of the year. I also don't really like the tournament scene that developed around 40k (except the ETC, that's one cool event!), I am more the occasional player who's in the hobby for the background and for telling a nice story during the game, not necessarily for the win.
That said, I'd like to contribute here, because I think my whole philosophy is probably closer to an open-source-community than to the corporate world 'the' big company of tabletops represents.
I also started playing BFG and collecting WFB (never actually played a game until now), and always wanted to start Full Thrust plus recently Firestorm Armada, so my view on wargaming may be a bit one-sided. But I always followed the hobby a bit, and play at least once or twice a year, so not all is lost. I hope I can be a small part of this big project :-)
I am not that big of a modeller or painter as of yet, but we'll see what that brings.
Cheers
Squig

Squig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from a vagabond

Post by sucramreverse on Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:11 pm

Wow, you sound like a busy guy, lol. Welcome Very Happy
sucramreverse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Squig on Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:36 pm

Live fast, die young! :-)
Thx

I have a question that affects both systems, so I'll post it here for now: Since this will be open source everybody can do with it what he wants anyways, but will you guys/we (am I part of it already? if so: Wow! :-) ) encourage using the rules that we write for other models as well, like Full Thrust (and if memory serves me right Firestorm Armada) do with their template system for other spacefleet-tabletops for example?

Squig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum