First share.

Go down

First share.

Post by S W Dickson on Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:37 pm

Just thought I'd be the first to get something up here. It's a brief collection of my Artrage "talents" - a couple of creature studies (very much charicaturesque) and some themic paintings - the pruple is just a big ol sky, but the orangey one is kind of mystic/evil feeling.

S W Dickson
Admin

View user profile http://herebedragons.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: First share.

Post by sucramreverse on Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:23 pm

hey, you're not bad. I'm liking the orange one, very abstract. like meeting death in a dream. though it looks like he's inviting me to follow what look like other people into the horizon. I don't think I'll take his advice tongue

what did you do those with?
sucramreverse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S W Dickson on Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:30 pm

Program's called Artrage. Does what you think Painter should do. No faffing about with funny computer tools, just a wacom and a big canvas on screen. If you do sketchy stuff, it's nice and fast, and can even do layers - wooh!

It's also quite cheap. Which is important.

These are just a few sketches. The good ones I did of the Seraph were corrupted due to bad DVD backup. Bah! I'm sorting through some other stuff I've done. I quite fancy the seraph as a creature in el fantasy land. Avian like and fey, gliding wings enable them to fly in native environment in "Terra Obscura" but are unable to support them in normal conditions.

The Ogre was just a test for texture - not happy with the look and feel. Never been that good at chunky n' hairy n' detailed, not got the attention span, always leant towards the big ol brush strokes of expressionism. My art tutor would be proud!
S W Dickson
Admin

View user profile http://herebedragons.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sucramreverse on Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:10 pm

I'll have to look into it, as those do very much resemble real brush strokes. If you had said you'd done those in real oils I would've believed it. Too bad I don't have a tablet though, vector art is the only thing suitable for a mouse.
sucramreverse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down