...here be dragons.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 hours on a bus!

3 posters

Go down

3 hours on a bus! Empty 3 hours on a bus!

Post by S W Dickson Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:28 pm

Just a moan. I know it's not facebook, but over the last couple of days in dear old Scotland we've been having pretty hefty snow. Not that huge a deal, and certainly not as extreme as NY or whatever, but for all the hoo-ha over it, you'd think it was the coming of the next ice-age!

If I lived in the desert, I'd understand, but this is Scotland! We have been known (at least a couple of times a year) to have snow, and cold weather. You'd think we would be more prepared for it. It took three hours for me to get home tonight, a journey that normally takes about 45 minutes. It wouldn't happen in Canada...
S W Dickson
S W Dickson
Admin

https://herebedragons.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

3 hours on a bus! Empty Re: 3 hours on a bus!

Post by sucramreverse Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:19 pm

I can feel your pain. It is the desert here, but it snows every year. Yet everybody has to slow down to where it'd be faster to just get out and walk. You'd think they'd realize that snow is really not that hard to drive on, you just don't hit the brakes too hard, that's it. the whole secret right there: soft brakes. We should make billboards to explain this to others.
sucramreverse
sucramreverse

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceMonkey Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:06 pm

The world is a funny place. You would think the people who design these systems would think about the climates we live in.
Here in the wonderful world of OZ during summer we have a problem with some of our trains; they won’t run when it gets too hot (I live in a country know to get hot sometimes, you think they would have factored that in). Imagine being stuck (for an hour or two) in a broken down train (in between stations) with no aircon and it’s in the mid 40s (deg C or +104 deg F) outside. You can also add a few more degs on top of that when you are inside the train with over 200 people. We had people ripping open doors and breaking windows so they can breathe. This Xmass well probably only get to 30 but in the next few months we start to climb.

SpaceMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum